Music is a very important part of many people’s workout routines – I know it is definitely big with mine. It’s the fuel that gets you going and keeps you going as well. With that said, you’re probably always up for checking out new sports headphones that may be the perfect active companion and the Yurbud Leap Wireless earbuds for women may just be that. Read on.
- FlexSoft® – Guaranteed never to hurt, yurbuds® are ergonomically designed to avoid nerve rich areas of the ear for long-lasting comfort. Made with medical-grade, flexible silicone, they are ultra soft and comfortable for hours on end.
- Sweat Proof – Developed for training in any conditions, yurbuds® endure through rain, water, and sweat.
- Specially Designed for Smaller Ears – yurbuds® researched, sized and shaped our female line specifically for women’s ears.
- Woven Cords – For increased durability and portability, the woven cords are both tangle and tear resistant.
- Allows Ambient Sound – yurbuds® are ergonomically designed to allow in ambient noise so you’re aware of your surroundings during active use.
- TwistLock® Technology – Exclusive to yurbuds®, our patented TwistLock® Technology provides a secure fit that is guaranteed never to fall out even during the most rigorous physical activities.
- Smart Battery – Battery life is tested and proven to powers a week’s worth of workouts. Track the battery life with on-screen and audible indicators.
The Yurbuds are very light and the ear-tips are very soft and comfortable. The outer part feels very plastic like. The roped design of the wire is also pretty neat and sturdy. You can’t adjust the size of it though which may not be ideal for some. The control buttons are not too far down on the wire so you can grab them easily when they are on. Just a middle, left and right button to control music functions and volume. The charging port is also on the top of the right earbud.
They’re pretty comfortable to wear, even when doing a lot of jumping around and running. Made for the woman with the smaller ear – I think they should have come with another set of ear-tips in a smaller size, instead of two of the same size tips. Even the small set that it came with I had to kind of shove in my ear. I guess I really have tiny baby ears. The earbuds managed to stay inside my ear for the most part – flipping the silicone edge out occasionally. Would have liked if they didn’t pop out at all but.. again I am miss tiny ears and they are slightly bigger than I’d like them to be.
I used them for my entire warm-up and run, several times. Sweat and all, it didn’t affect them in any way in terms of comfort. The wire is very light so you barely feel it on your neck.
Connecting is pretty simple – they connect via bluetooth. Turn on your devices bluetooth (in my case, an iPhone 5S) and connect to the buds and every time they’re turned back on they will automatically pair with said device.
Battery life will depend on how long you’re working out with the headphones on. I was able to get about 6.5 hours of gym time on one full battery. There is a battery indicator that will show on your screen to let you know how much battery you have left – which is always handy.
In terms of listening experience – they project quality sound. Bass is pretty decent as well. They pack 12.2mm speakers and they pump. You have to make sure you have the bud in your ear securely to get a proper sound experience. I was able to block out weight clanking and other typical gym noise without a problem. I didn’t feel totally deaf with these which is fine since most people working out/ running like to be aware of their surroundings. People who need really loud booming earbuds can pass on these. These are focused on comfort with just the right level of sound while being active.
The Bottom Line
The neck strap on these may not be for everyone, but they prove to be a nice stable pair of active headphones. While they don’t bump unsafe listening levels (they’re not supposed to) the sound quality is pretty decent for the price point. They’re comfy and pretty light and would be perfect for the person looking for a comfortable fit with just right sound capability.
You can purchase the Yurbud Leap Wireless earbuds for $99.99 at Yurbuds.com.
Additional photos of the Yurbuds in use by yours truly!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by JBL. All opinions are my own.